Friday, November 21, 2008

We have ALL arrived....

"Tricia Ann" puled into Burnt Store Marina today, proud as can be after about 2200 miles of some serious boating. Jim and Jeff were quite excited to have to whole trip turn out successfully, but none were more proud than Tricia Ann, who will really have something to put on her Christmas card. She can brag about her "big adventure" to Florida, while her neighbor boats in Stillwater hunker down in shrinkwrap.

But the big news came from Westin, apparently written while Jim and I ate a celebratory dinner. We came back to find a note inside the boat from him explaining the whole story. He said:

"Thanks so much for all the food (it really wasn't that much or that good) and for getting me down here. It was great to listen to your fascinating and intelligent perspectives about religion, politics, boating, economic issues, building techniques, boating, nuclear chemistry, philosophy, fabric design, boating, art history, dentistry, prehistoric medicine, modern weaponry, boating, inorganic duplicity, hypoalergenic regeneration, rhino horns and boating. My life will never be the same, let me tell you.

I guess you are due an explanation. I left Minnesota for a number of reasons, including cold weather, high taxes, the closing of Circuit City stores and the fear that Norm Coleman would be re-elected. I heard about your trip from a number of sources that reported how excited you both were about the venture and decided to stow away. I couldn't tell either of you about what I was doing because I thought that Jeff would have me arrested, flogged and deported or that Jim would adopt me and send me off for higher education.

I can't figure out why he was looking for a bigger boat, but think it might just be a desire to get a bigger boat; boaters are goofy about these things. It sure didn't have anything to do with me. And who had the crazy idea that I had a whole family down there? It sounds like as good a reason for a bigger boat as any one else comes up with. Why I once heard about a guy who bought a motor and then said he had to buy a boat to go with it. Can you imagine that?

Anyway, I finally got down to some warmer weather and left. And I was getting tired of Jeff's gas issues and Jim's snoring. I hope to write when I find work and will pay Jim for all the food I stole someday. Also I am missing a green sock, a 25000 watt inverter and a pack of AA batteries. Please hold them for me until I write.

You guys are wierd,

Westin Marino"

No comments: